Specialized Behavioural Support Services — Youth Justice Organizations
Support for individuals between the ages of 12 and 17 who get into trouble with the law. The support can be provided during weekends, evenings, free time, and unstructured family time, which are prime periods to build in this type of support.
We assist with:
• Preparing for and returning home following custody
• Living at home under conditions
• Attending school or work
• Family tension and conflict
• Developing positive peer relations and coping with peer pressure
• Managing independent or semi-independent living
• Assisting youth in receiving specific treatment e.g. drug and alcohol treatment
• Staffing assistance and coverage for youth justice custody and detention facilities
Community Integration and Support
We work with the youth in their community on clearly defined goals set by the probation officer, the youth and their family and other involved service providers. Each goal includes a plan for achievement and a review mechanism.