Bartimaeus provides child and youth work support to youth, their families and service providers involved in the youth justice system.
Support can be provided during weekends, evenings, free time, and unstructured family time, which are prime periods to build in this type of support.
We assist with:
• Preparing for and returning home following custody
• Living at home under conditions
• Attending school or work
• Family tension and conflict
• Developing positive peer relations and coping with peer pressure
• Managing independent or semi-independent living
• Assisting youth in receiving specific treatment e.g. drug and alcohol treatment
• Staffing assistance and coverage for youth justice custody and detention facilities
Program Support – to private and public youth justice facilities including day, residential and school programs whose clients are experiencing severe difficulties, mental health issues and/or are developmentally challenged.
Community Integration and Support – we work with the youth in their community on clearly defined goals set by the probation officer, the youth and their family and other involved service providers. Each goal includes a plan for achievement and a review mechanism.
Escort and Supervision – Bartimaeus Associates are available to escort youth on family visits, court dates, treatment sessions, group programs or other significant events. The focus of this component is supervision in the community.
Education and Training – Education and training programs are designed to assist staff members in effectively responding to the unique and challenging needs that are presented to them each day.
The key to the service is the availability of our associates to establish a relationship with the youth based on trust and respect in an honest and straightforward manner.